The Stroganoff Estate at Bratsevo
At left: the main facade
The estate was formerly outside the city of Moscow in the village of Bratsevo, but the growth of the city has placed it within the northeast boundaries of the capital. The town was the site of a lovely 17th century church.
The house and service buildings were constructed at the beginning of the 1790's for Ekaterina, the second wife of Count Alexander Stroganoff, and her son Paul, in the neoclassical style. The centrally-domed mansion was placed within an English Park. The interiors of the house are preserved, but the changing occupants of the building place the monument in continual jeopardy.